This delicious salad is great to serve as the centre piece of any garden party. The Bulgur Wheat is made with freshly squeezed orange juice and chilli that gives a sweet taste and finishes with an interesting fiery kick!
Serves – 3/4
Time – 20 minutes prep time, 15 minutes simmering, 5-10 minutes grilling
170g Bulgur Wheat
2 Oranges Juiced
5 Chillis (we like ours medium/hot)
250g Organic Salad Leaves
1. Add the bulgur wheat, juice of two oranges and the chillis (sliced in half lengthways) to a saucepan. Top the pan up with water that sits 2cm approx. above the level of bulgur wheat and simmer for 15 minutes. Stirring occasionally.
2. While keeping an eye on the bulgur wheat, cut open the pomegranate and remove the seeds. Set aside.
3. Take the bulgur wheat off the hob and leave to cool.
4. Set the grill on high (or you can shallow fry). Slice the halloumi.
5. Grill the halloumi until golden brown on each side.
6. Layer the salad leaves, and then sprinkle the cooled bulgur wheat over the leaves (removing the chillis).
7. Finally, finish with the pomegranate seeds, and grilled halloumi.
8. Try to make sure there is some left for yourself!
Share this Post