This hearty cooked vegetable salad, is the perfect accompaniment with a green leaf salad and veggie burger on a hot summers’ day.
Serves – 16
Time – 1 hour
600g Gherkins (sweet and sour style)
600g Roasted Red Peppers (ready roasted in jar)
400g Free-Range Egg Mayonnaise
Olives to garnish
1. Wash whole potatoes, put in saucepan with water to cover. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until cooked. Drain and put to one side to cool.
2. Wash whole carrots, put in saucepan with water to cover. Bring to boil and simmer for about 30 minutes until cooked. Drain and put to one side to cool.
3. While the potatoes and carrots are cooking and cooling, drain and finely chop the gherkins and roasted red peppers, squeeze any excess liquid from the finely chopped gherkins and roasted red peppers.
4. Peel the potatoes and carrots and dice into 1cm cubes.
5. Mix potatoes, carrots, gherkins, roasted red peppers and mayonnaise in bowl. Put into serving dish and garnish with olives.
6. Chill for an hour and serve.
Share this Post