This is a stable vegetarian dish, and you can understand why! Delicious hot or cold, for lunch or dinner. Can be tray baked so easy party food too.
Serves – 6
Time – 1 hour
12 Peppers (colour of your choice, we used orange, red and green)
2 Large Onions
½ a Cup of Brown Rice
- Cut pepper in half, wash and clean out seeds, but leave stems on.
- Wash and dice onion.
- Wash and grate carrots.
- Wash and slice mushroom.
- Fry onions and carrots off for a few minutes and then add mushrooms. When cooked take off heat and leave to cool on side.
- Cook rice, follow instructions on packet. Then leave to cool.
- Heat oven to 160 c.
- Mix onion, mushroom, carrot mix and rice. Fill pepper halves with this mix and lay in baking dish. Fill two oven proof ramekin dishes with water and place in oven, this will stop you stuffed peppers getting too dry.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
400g Tin of Tomatoes
2 Tablespoon Tomato Puree
3 Clove of Garlic
Handful of Fresh Basil Leaves
- Put tomato in saucepan and bring to boil, add the tomato puree and simmer for a few more minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Take off the heat and add crushed garlic and basil.
- Allow to cool or serve hot.
Share this Post